Examination Results Summer 2021
The school ensures it students have access to the qualifications and academic progress that they are capable of achieving and facilitates that through specialist education and an appropriate calming environment. It should be recognised that remaining engaged with their education and taking part in assessments and examinations is a huge achievement for many autistic students who live with high levels of anxiety.
Headline results include:
- 8 students entered for Maths GCSE of which 63% achieved grade 4 or above
- 7 students entered for English Language GCSE of which 57% achieved grade 4 or above
- 10 Level 2 BTEC Home Cooking skills awarded
- 11 Level 2 Cambridge Technical Awards in Science
- GCSE Art pass rate 75%
- 100 % pass rate for ICT & Art Level 1 BTECs
- 7 entered for History with 4 students gaining above a 4
- 7 students successfully achieved the Duke of Edinburgh Award (Bronze)
- All Key Stage 3 students completed Entry Level (levels 1-3) in English, Maths and ICT.
School Principal, Jen Weeks, said “At LVS Hassocks we aim to create the right environment for students with autism to thrive. An environment that considers individual needs and balances that with their academic, social and emotional progress. I’m proud of the resilience our students and staff have shown throughout the year and thrilled with this success.”
She went on to say “for autistic students, being able to take part in lessons, assessments and exams can be especially challenging due to the increased anxiety around those. We work hard to give students the time to prepare and manage that anxiety so that they can achieve their personal best.”