LVS Hassocks achieve Healthy Schools Status
LVS Hassocks are proud to achieve the self validated Healthy Schools Status. This amazing achievement is in line with the DfE Healthy Rating Scheme and LVS Hassocks proudly have this status for 3 years. The aim of the status is to help schools allow their pupils to grow safely, responsibility and healthily!
The Healthy School Status requires these four criteria’s to be met:
- Personal, Social, Health and Econimc (PSHE) education including Relationships (RE), Relationships and Sex Education (RSE), Health Education (HE) and Drug Education (including alcohol, tobacco and volatile substance abuse.)
- Healthy Eating
- Physical Activity
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
The School Health Check ensure as a school the fundamental elements of a Healthy School are in place to maintain the status.
The Healthy Schools status also:
- Supports schools to understand the links between health and wellbeing and Ofsted as criteria has been matched, wherever possible, to current Ofsted descriptors.
- Has been linked to the statutory guidance for Relationships Education (RE) Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education (HE) to support schools to meet this requirement.
- Allows schools to audit health and wellbeing across all 4 themes and grade provision using Ofsted style descriptors to identify and celebrate strengths, as well as next steps.