Our students are supported by excellent pastoral care and we encourage independence, well-being and healthy lifestyles with pupils learning life skills in and outside of the classroom in a safe and secure environment.
Students are given the opportunity to engage in work based training either on site – working in the grounds, kitchen or the school’s community cafe – as well as work experience placements at a range of local businesses, such as Avtrade and local shops.
Work-related learning prepares our students for work, encouraging them to develop a more adult style of thinking and the skills needed for achieving economic independence including:
- Understanding that at work there will be tasks that you repeat on a daily basis
- Understanding that tasks have to be completed within a given time frame
- Sustaining attention and concentration on the tasks set
- Completion of tasks to a satisfactory standard
- Receiving constructive criticism
- Managing changes in mood and feelings by engaging agreed strategies
- Improving their performance
- Working with others
- Problem solving
- Literacy, Numeracy and ICT
Download a copy of our prospectus below